Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mrs Cullens holiday

Hi guys, I have had problems with our blog so I have started a new one.

Hi team, it is wonderful to hear from you. Miss MCleod told me that you were all outstanding. The best performance ever. Well done to you all. Take a bow!

Today we went to a state fair (agricultural show). We stood as they played their national anthem (The Star Spangled Banner). Then we ate for the first time corn dogs. They were hot dogs but the batter was corn based and very sweet. In fact, they were yuck, and we could not eat them. Today was so hot (32 degrees) that we could not stay outside. Today is the official day to mark the end of summer. Really! All the pools are closed because the students have gone back to school and they are not there to be life guards.

Georgia and Piper are hot, and getting a bit fed up with all the heat. I never thought I would say it but, I miss the cooler weather.

It is wonderful catching up with my families. My brother is like any big brother, cheeky!

OK, Wow! Who was that that turned 10, I wish I was ten!

For Americans, Thanks Giving (31 September) is huge, bigger than Christmas. Thanks Giving celebrates the founding of America, and the friendship formed between the Indians and people who came on the Mayflower ship. They eat turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie. More people get together for this than Christmas. Birthdays are pretty much the same as for us. What astounds me is that they decorate inside and outside their houses. Already they are gearing up for Halloween. I will get some pictures before we come back.

Food is pretty much the same as us. A wee bit more fried, but it depends on where you go to eat. They do have these things called Funnel cakes that are to die for. I cannot eat any more of them or I won’t fit in my seat. They do have wonderful sea food and I have eaten a lot of Shrimp and Squid.

The service in America is pretty good. Thats thanks to tipping people. When a waiter or taxi driver provides a service to you, you give them a tip. It is usually 15-20% of the total bill. This they get tokeep. The better the service they provide you, the greater the tip. This makes for pretty good service and people keen to help.

Jess, I will find out about the schools and I am not too sure.

Thanks for the emails Caelan, Daphne, Jessica M, Rosa and Jade. It is wonderful to read your emails. I miss you all.

Mrs Cullen

3 comments:

  1. Dear Room 6, today is Friday, and all your hard work is over. I am sure your production was wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work over the term. I will be blogging over the next few weeks so be sure to tune in. Everyone take care over the holidays. Miss you all.

    Mrs Cullen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs Cullen we miss you
    today is friday its the last day of school
    and Mrs Stewart wasn't here today so we had
    Mrs Taylor today and in assembly today Mrs Taylor told Jack,Kaylee,Amos,and Me Jade to stand up in assembly because she said that we where the best in the class because we listened to her we sat up nicely and we didn't talk or be naughty AMOS especially has been SUPER GOOD over the last few weeks he hasn't been naughty at all not even with Mrs Stewart he even got to go to play and lunch early because he was so good. Mrs Stewart has done this points thing for us what she has done is put the All stars into 5 groups like she's put us in desk groups and she's put on the white board team points where if the groups be good and do there work Mrs Stewart would put up points on the boardin our team group and on Friday she would add up all the points and see who got the most and then would announce the winners OOHH one other thing she would give the winning team a prize it would be either 10 min free time on the computer, 10min extra free playtime out on the courts after the bell rings, or 20min free pastle drawing. My group GROUP 4 we won because we got most points and we chose 20min free pastel drawing and I drew a guitar. Our desk groups are first my desk group GROUP 4 is Tazmin,Ethan,Darcy,Emma,and Me Jade desk group 5 is Connor,Kurt,Zac,Jm,and Grace desk group 1 is Jamie,Cullam,Amos,And Kaylee desk group 3 is Daphne,Jack,Logan,Kaleb,Rosa,And Sammantha and last but not least desk group 2 is Jv,Mya,Caelan,Ben,Brayden,And Brooke. OOHH and I forgot to mention that Kyla has moved to Wavorley in between Wanganui and somewhere else so Kyla isn't coming back to Rongotea school anymore she came in today to say her last goodbyes to us we are all very sad but it's for the best. Last week Brianna came to school for half a day she is going to be coming on Tuesdays and Thursdays now which is great. The production was great WE WISH YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THERE WELL TIME TO GO Bye.

    Miss you Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mrs cullen

    how are you????
    i turned 10

    love from daphne xox

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting on our blog.
All comments are checked by the teacher before they are posted.